22 Nov 2022 06:08 PM

Two shacks were gutted in a fire at Calangute beach on Monday night. It is suspected that a short circuit at one of the two shacks is what sparked the fire. The shacks were completely destroyed before emergency services could reach.

 The incident took place at around 3am on Monday night at Umtavaddo, Calangute. The shack owners have demanded the tourism department set a minimum distance that must be kept between shacks while allotting them. Calangute MLA, Michael Lobo arrived at the site and demanded quick response vehicles be deployed at the site. 

What do you feel

Click here